Google

Friday, April 14, 2006

Mayor of Disneyland

I'm sure by now quite a few of you have heard about Kimberly Williamson-Butler, the woman running for mayor in New Orleans who used a picture of New Orleans Square at Disneyland in her webpage layout to stand in for the real thing?

actual image from website

If you haven't, you can find a bit about her at BoingBoing here, and a quite in-depth article by Jim Hill here.

Anyway, the point of me blogging about this, is that I feel kinda sorry for the woman. Two weeks left in the race, and with this new scandal in front of her, there's no way she can win.

But is that any reason to quit? Hell no! If at first you don't succeed, try, try again, Kimberly! Try, try again!

To prove my support, I've created a small number of new campaign website billboards for you, in order to hopefully inspire you and help you find new direction in your burdgeoning political career. Enjoy!
















Background images stolen from http://www.disneypix.com... gotta give credit where credit's due

13 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Crispen said...

Don't forget http://netsquirrel.com/assets/new_york.jpg and http://netsquirrel.com/assets/ears.jpg

4:14 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Ew I don't want that bitch messing with my daring journey! Keep her out of Fantasyland. :P

4:36 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

HA these are great. I love the Mayor of The Chamber of Destiny one in particular. Good job!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Very good - like the last one - I really did lol.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Now On Course said...

Well we don't want her in Liberty Square. We have enough trouble trying to keep out Woody and Jessie over here. Keep her in Cali.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you sure that's not emannuel lewis?

10:21 AM  
Blogger alfredblog said...

that's fairly fucked up...
yet i find myself wanting to ride Pirates of the Caribbean...?...

2:08 AM  
Blogger Roland said...

She changed her site. They photoshopped out the distinctive Dineyland trash can and replaced it with what I can only assume is supposed to be more shrubbery.

Unbelievable.

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Ape Lad said...

AHAHAHAHA!! I did the Nepal one, but you certainly outdid me! Hilarious.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick - LOL Vegas version of New York! That has to be the funniest thing I have seen in weeks.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Rikki said...

Hehehe i loves the whale :)

9:40 PM  
Blogger lab_rattus said...

Look who's running against Mayor Quimby in Springfield

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Camila Baranda said...

Smart girl, takes that none of the Brazilian politicians discovers this, hehehehe.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home